[Snagged from mintyapple
I usually don't post these kinds of things, but I heard through the grapevine about a recent hacking spurt (source
). Apparently there is a person/group going around and hacking the Moderator accounts of large LJ communities. After hacking the Mod's journal, they go to the community and make a post with malicious links, disable comments, and delete all content from the community & mod's journal.
Very important news here, please take note of the details.sakusei
is a pretty big graphics community with lots of members and watchers and we clearly value the protection of everyone's information and computer privacy. NONE OF THE SAKUSEI SISTERS WILL EVER CLOSE SAKUSEI.
I REPEAT, NONE OF US WILL CLOSE SAKUSEI. WE HAVE NO INTENTION OF DOING SO NOW OR FOREVER.An example of a hacked community
If anything suspicious appears please...1) Do not Click on any suspicious Links, as they are intended to spread a malware keylogger.
I REPEAT, DO NOT CLICK ON ANY OF THE LINKS.
2) Contact any of the sakusei girls - For Megz: tenderxheart[@]gmail.com
3) Please Report it to LiveJournal
I have personally done a few preventative steps, but I wanted to share them below because It's always better to be safe than sorry!
1) Change your Password once a year & make it complex; include numbers, letters, and capitalization.
2) Add a "Secret Question" that is to be asked if you forget your password (click here
3) Clear out old & inactive e-mail accounts (click here
4) As always, Run a Virus/Antimalware scan on your computer (PC